You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone screen is black

How do I restore my iphone13, It was black and it said it was out of battery. I plugged it into my computer and now I need to restore the iPhone. How do I do so?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 8:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 11:27 PM

If you are unable to get the iPhone to do anything (power-up, etc.), you may need to put the phone in recovery mode first.

With the phone off, you will press and hold the side button (the same button you would hold down for Siri).

As you're holding down the button, plug the phone into your computer.

Once you see the Recovery Mode Screen (below), let go of the side button.

If you see the passcode screen, you would want to start over by turning off the phone.

Once recovery mode is complete, you will have the option to either update or restore your phone as seen here in step 4:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 30, 2022 11:27 PM in response to paresh2006

If you are unable to get the iPhone to do anything (power-up, etc.), you may need to put the phone in recovery mode first.

With the phone off, you will press and hold the side button (the same button you would hold down for Siri).

As you're holding down the button, plug the phone into your computer.

Once you see the Recovery Mode Screen (below), let go of the side button.

If you see the passcode screen, you would want to start over by turning off the phone.

Once recovery mode is complete, you will have the option to either update or restore your phone as seen here in step 4:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Iphone screen is black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.