You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email notification on Watch does not vibrate like the rest of the notifications

I have my Apple Watch on silent mode (but vibrations turned on) and my iPhone on silent mode (from the side switch). Also on my phone I have turned off 'Vibrate on silent' and 'Vibrate on ring'. All my watch notifications are set to mirror my iPhone. All notifications on my phone have sound turned on (including Mail).

And now the issue: All notifications on my watch vibrate when they're received, except for Mail notifications.

But if I turn on 'Vibrate on silent' on my phone, Mail notifications will vibrate. The rest of the apps' notifications vibrate either way.

Does anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 5:22 AM

3 replies

Jan 27, 2022 5:45 AM in response to teomor

PPS: Actually, I thought that when I have set "Vibrate on silent" on my phone, my watch would vibrate, because at one point in the past I used to have that setting on and my watch vibrated for new mail. But now I have tested it again, and it doesn't look like it's working at all?!

I am on the latest iOS (15.3) and watchOS (8.4) now.

Email notification on Watch does not vibrate like the rest of the notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.