You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no "Report Junk" option in the Messages app

I don't have this "Report Junk" option in the Messages app on my iPhone 7 Plus. Is this a version/compatibility issue?

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/block-filter-and-report-messages-iph203ab0be4/ios

P.S. I don't see Messages offered as a Topic option.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 1:24 PM

8 replies

Jan 24, 2022 1:30 PM in response to jrtuenge

Read the article very carefully. I have highlighted the important words here from that article.

With iMessage, a message you receive from someone who isn’t saved in your contacts might be identified as possible spam or junk.”

Jan 24, 2022 2:17 PM in response to jrtuenge

jrtuenge wrote:

On my phone, messages in Messages are only color-coded green or blue when they're outgoing (i.e., from me). Incoming messages are alway dark gray. Not sure why -- maybe an AT&T thing, or a setting I need to adjust?

For reference:

• If you send a text without using an Apple device or iMessage: the bubble will be green.
  • If you send a text with iMessage: the bubble will be blue.
  • If you receive a text from either situation above: the bubble will be grey.

Jan 24, 2022 2:13 PM in response to sberman

Yes, I'm talking about someone (or probably more accurately something) not saved in my contacts... I'm getting multiple robotexts each day, and the associated phone numbers are almost always unique.

On my phone, messages in Messages are only color-coded green or blue when they're outgoing (i.e., from me). Incoming messages are alway dark gray. Not sure why -- maybe an AT&T thing, or a setting I need to adjust? iMessages is enabled.

no "Report Junk" option in the Messages app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.