You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lookup formula with math I don't know.lol

ok so I have a spreadsheet comprised of 5 different sheets....

sheet 1-4 are identical pay roll reports (one for each employee)

sheet 5 is a list of all customers and the expected hours the job should take

Now... currently on sheets 1-4 I manually input the clients my employees worked that week. I then use the formula below in column "G" of this sheet to match the customers I put in, to the master list of customers on sheet 5. this automatically scrubs the customers and puts the job hours from sheet 5 in the appropriate cell of column G of sheet 1-4

XLOOKUP(B10,Customers::Table 1::A,'Job Hours quoted ',"")

now in lies the problem...

often times I have multiple people on a job and they split the estimated job hour time... so what I need is a formula that reads all sheets 1-4 and auto fills like it currently does, but IF the same client is listed on another persons sheet I want the total number returned divided by the number of people on the job. this way if 2 people go to the job, Cell "G" of the time sheet will turn an 8 hour job into 4 hours each, or if I have 3 people on the same client it will then turn that same job into 2.66 hours each...

all other formulas work just fine I just can't figure out the equation to get all cells read and the adjusted time correct

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 6:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 7:34 PM

See my response to the earlier post of this question: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253590724

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

1 reply

lookup formula with math I don't know.lol

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.