You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS mail auto-corrects name to all caps

Every time I write an email, Mail auto-corrects my name to all caps when I write it at the end of the message. This behavior is unique to Mail. Messages and Pages do not make this change.

I have checked the text replacement settings and there is no issue there. I have also checked the the user dictionary in the ~Libraries folder.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 4:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 9:15 AM

rjmonti wrote:

Every time I write an email, Mail auto-corrects my name to all caps when I write it at the end of the message. This behavior is unique to Mail. Messages and Pages do not make this change.

I have checked the text replacement settings and there is no issue there. I have also checked the the user dictionary in the ~Libraries folder.

Any suggestions?

How is this user name written in your Contacts.app ...(?) in Caps...

From Mail.app>Window>View Previous recipients if it is in error here, remove it

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2022 9:15 AM in response to rjmonti

rjmonti wrote:

Any suggestions?

How is this user name written in your Contacts.app ...(?) in Caps...

From Mail.app>Window>View Previous recipients if it is in error here, remove it

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

MacOS mail auto-corrects name to all caps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.