You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message Spam on Mac

This was asked before but had no answer. I have some marginal message spam block capability on my iPhone (mini-12, 15.2). The is zero capability to block spam on my Mac (M1 Air, Monterey, 12.1). Through some burden steps, yes, copy the number and block it in the phone app. That's beneath what I expect from Apple. You really need to address an SW fix to allow users of Apple OS devices to report a spam message, block the sender, and report it for further higher-level identification of mass senders from these abusers.

Please do not confuse this with blocking messages from contacts. I don't keep spammers in my contacts. It has nothing to do with contacts.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 12:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 1:17 PM

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple doesn't read here for suggestions or feedback. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, assuming you're syncing messages across both devices, why don't you just block the messages directly on your phone? That would probably be faster.

Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support

Note that there is no such thing as "Apple OS". Rather there is iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS. Each one has different capabilities largely based on the hardware.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2022 1:17 PM in response to parabians

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple doesn't read here for suggestions or feedback. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, assuming you're syncing messages across both devices, why don't you just block the messages directly on your phone? That would probably be faster.

Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support

Note that there is no such thing as "Apple OS". Rather there is iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS. Each one has different capabilities largely based on the hardware.

Message Spam on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.