You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete old phone back ups

Can I delete my old phone backups to make room for my new phone back up or will I lose all my data ?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 2:10 PM

As long as you keep your most recent backup, you should be OK. If you try to restore your iPhone from a previous backup, everything between now and when the backup was created will be lost anyway. You cannot merge backups. Your most recent backup should have all the information in the previous backups.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2022 2:10 PM in response to Cartwright88

As long as you keep your most recent backup, you should be OK. If you try to restore your iPhone from a previous backup, everything between now and when the backup was created will be lost anyway. You cannot merge backups. Your most recent backup should have all the information in the previous backups.

Delete old phone back ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.