You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are new UK iPhones unlocked

If I buy a new iPhone from Apple Regent Street, London, will it work with my existing o2 SIM card. ie .. are new UK Apple iPhones unlocked?

Thank you so much to everyone who answers.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 10:21 AM

If the iPhone is purchased at full price as carrier-unlocked and without a carrier subsidy, yes, it’s carrier-unlocked.

As for transferring cellular plans, that can vary by plan and by carrier, as some charge for transfer and some don’t, and as some existing plans can cover 5G and some don’t; ask O2 directly.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2022 10:21 AM in response to Bobbby

If the iPhone is purchased at full price as carrier-unlocked and without a carrier subsidy, yes, it’s carrier-unlocked.

As for transferring cellular plans, that can vary by plan and by carrier, as some charge for transfer and some don’t, and as some existing plans can cover 5G and some don’t; ask O2 directly.

Jan 10, 2022 10:52 AM in response to MrHoffman

I intend purchasing a phone on line from a London Apple store. It will be delivered by courier to my home. I will not be speaking to anyone at Apple. Will the new phone work with an o2 SIM that I am using in a now broken iPhone, I obtained from o2. I think you said ‘yes’ but not sure! Apologies for my ignorance.

Are new UK iPhones unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.