You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up my new iPhone 13 and transfer data from my old iPhone 8?

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 9:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 10:07 AM

What do you have available for you to do that? A PC with iTunes loaded or a Mac with Finder is my preferred method. It would also require a Lightning cable that connects to the computer. The process would be to create a backup to the computer, then restore to the new device from that backup. The process is slightly different on a PC because there is no built-in access to Apple devices like there is in Mac's Finder.

To back up to a computer:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your PC - Apple Support

And to restore (or set up) from the backup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

Another method is wirelessly through Bluetooth, although I haven't tried it myself.

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then there's iCloud, but I wouldn't be able to do that myself because I don't have enough iCloud storage.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2022 10:07 AM in response to WeloveBella2022

What do you have available for you to do that? A PC with iTunes loaded or a Mac with Finder is my preferred method. It would also require a Lightning cable that connects to the computer. The process would be to create a backup to the computer, then restore to the new device from that backup. The process is slightly different on a PC because there is no built-in access to Apple devices like there is in Mac's Finder.

To back up to a computer:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your PC - Apple Support

And to restore (or set up) from the backup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

Another method is wirelessly through Bluetooth, although I haven't tried it myself.

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then there's iCloud, but I wouldn't be able to do that myself because I don't have enough iCloud storage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.