You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods serial number shown in iPhone is not the same as in the box

I have purchased some Apple airpods which are ringing alarm bells and i want to be sure before taking it further.

The airpods i have purchased has the same serial number on the box as it does on the airpod charger case, however the serial number shown in the settings on my iphone is completely different. The model number is listed as A2000 which i don't think is a actual apple model and the version number is 0D1607m

This all combined with the fact Siri keeps starting every 10 seconds tells me ive been ripped off.

Am i right.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 9:05 AM

1 reply

Jan 8, 2022 11:21 AM in response to Lincslad133

Hello Lincslad133,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We understand that Siri isn't working as expected with your AirPods. You also have some concerns regarding whether or not the AirPods are genuine.

As shown in the support article that you previously viewed, Identify your AirPods - Apple Support, A2000 is not currently an AirPods model number. Depending on which AirPods you have, you may also want to check the serial number by doing the following:

Find the serial number of your AirPods - Apple Support

"With AirPods (2nd generation) AirPods Pro, and AirPods (3rd generation), each AirPod also has its own serial number, printed on the AirPod itself. If you need to send in your AirPods or charging case for service, refer to the primary serial number, printed on the case lid. You don't need the serial numbers on the AirPods."

If you suspect that the AirPods may not be genuine, consider having them inspected at an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Visit the link below to find a location near you. You may also want to contact the seller and try to request a refund.

Apple - Find Locations

Take care.

AirPods serial number shown in iPhone is not the same as in the box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.