You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch won't pair after reset.

Hello

I noticed my watch had lost pairing with my iPhone. The watch worked fine but was not paired to the iPhone so I lost all the benefits associated with that pairing. I followed all the advice on attempting to pair it. I finally reached a point where I RESET the Apple Watch (series 4). Now, it just won't pair. I get all the watch screens like it's ready to pair but the iPhone won't respond to the watch. I even tried to manually pair the watch with the iPhone but the phone won't see the watch on the screen where you select the watch by its 6 digit number.

I'm at a loss. This seemed to happen with the IOS 15.2 update. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 12:58 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 12, 2022 10:53 AM in response to Wilsonbh

Hi Wilsonbh,

Attempting to pair the Apple Watch to another iPhone was a great step to isolate the behavior to the Apple Watch specifically. If you have not yet done so, let's ensure that you've cleaned the display on the Apple Watch and removed any case or screen protector on the Apple Watch before pairing:

How to clean your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If it still won't pair, consider having the Apple Watch inspected by a repair technician to further determine if this is hardware or software in nature. You can contact Apple Support to explore options:

Get Support

Regards.

Jan 7, 2022 7:09 PM in response to Wilsonbh

Hello Wilsonbh,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're unable to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone. We'd be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

Let's start by ensuring that you've followed all of the troubleshooting suggestions outlined here:

If you can't pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone - Apple Support

Additionally, confirm that the date and time on the companion iPhone is correct:

If you can't change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're still unable to pair the Apple Watch after following those steps, we'd like to have you contact Apple Support:

Get Support

Take care.

Jan 10, 2022 10:09 AM in response to MichelleT18

Thank you for the feedback. I attempted to pair my watch with a friend's iPhone. It would not pair. When I tried to manually pair it, the iWatch 6 digit code would not show. I now suspect the problem is in the watch itself. This watch only lasted me for about 3 years. I like the technology and was considering upgrading to the latest series but have lost faith in the quality of the build. I won't pay another $400+ for a replacement watch that won't last more than 3 or 4 years.

Jan 12, 2022 11:16 AM in response to MichelleT18

I figure I have two options. Use a technician at some Apple Support center to investigate the problem or to buy a new watch. I'm fairly sure the problem is the watch. It is "like new" clean and everything seems to function in regards to the pairing software built into the watch, only it won't pair. I'm used every available technique I've found on the internet and nothing works. I'm petty sure it's the watch's failure at this point. I'd like to get a new watch but like I stated previously, I am reluctant to spend another $400+ on a watch that may not work but for 3 or 4 years.

Watch won't pair after reset.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.