You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old notes locked !

Hi please can someone help me with that ? I have an old note and it's locked and I forgot the password how can I open it ?

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 6:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 6:29 PM

saleem237 Said:

"Old notes locked !: Hi please can someone help me with that ? I have an old note and it's locked and I forgot the password how can I open it ?"

-------

With a Password? No. The only way is to restore it from a time that it did not have a password. Passwords are security measures. And if you could break in to the files, then anyone could. So, look on an external source of sorts from a backup that does has this file without a password. Be certain your backup your device prior to the restoration.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2022 6:29 PM in response to saleem237

saleem237 Said:

"Old notes locked !: Hi please can someone help me with that ? I have an old note and it's locked and I forgot the password how can I open it ?"

-------

With a Password? No. The only way is to restore it from a time that it did not have a password. Passwords are security measures. And if you could break in to the files, then anyone could. So, look on an external source of sorts from a backup that does has this file without a password. Be certain your backup your device prior to the restoration.

Old notes locked !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.