You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off two factor identification?

how do I turn off 2factor identification on my iPhone 12?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 10:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 10:58 AM

Two Factor Authentication is not tied to a specific device. It's tied to your Apple ID. If you recently turned it on, you can use the unenroll link in the email sent to you when you turned it on, to turn it off.

If you created a new Apple ID or it has been more than 14 days since it was turned on, then it cannot be turned off.

Link-> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Turning Off - Apple Support

With that said, Two Factor Authentication should be mostly transparent in every day use. It should only come into play if logging in to a new device with your Apple ID, or accessing an Apple service online such as iCloud.com, card.apple.com, music.apple.com from a previously unused and untrusted browser. Once logged in, you can then trust the browser and it should not ask for a 2 factor authentication code again.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2022 10:58 AM in response to Mslaton22

Two Factor Authentication is not tied to a specific device. It's tied to your Apple ID. If you recently turned it on, you can use the unenroll link in the email sent to you when you turned it on, to turn it off.

If you created a new Apple ID or it has been more than 14 days since it was turned on, then it cannot be turned off.

Link-> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Turning Off - Apple Support

With that said, Two Factor Authentication should be mostly transparent in every day use. It should only come into play if logging in to a new device with your Apple ID, or accessing an Apple service online such as iCloud.com, card.apple.com, music.apple.com from a previously unused and untrusted browser. Once logged in, you can then trust the browser and it should not ask for a 2 factor authentication code again.

How do I turn off two factor identification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.