You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch series 6 not updating

Not happy, I reset my series 6 to factory default, have gone to pair it to my phone after a month and it keeps throwing the error:

Unable to Check for Update

Checking for a software update failed

because you are not connected to the

internet.

Start Again

Try Again

nothing works:

• changed language and country
  • removed the watch from my devices under find my iPhone
  • removed the watch app and reinstalled
  • removed previous back ups
  • turned off and on both phone and watch (including hard reset
  • running lates iOS update on iPhone 11

seen so many posts like this but it never seems to get resolved!

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 2:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 4:09 AM

I’ve solved it!!!!

on your iPhone follow these steps: settings>iPhone storage>search watch>delete app

on the watch when it shows the prompt to put your watch near your phone, tap the (i) icon and select your language and country.

back on iPhone put the watch near it until you get the pop up to pair, select set up for myself, scan the watch face, an option for ‘update now will appear - but wait about 10 seconds before choosing to update the software.

mine then proceeded to download the update with no issues.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2022 4:09 AM in response to Tomleeds34

I’ve solved it!!!!

on your iPhone follow these steps: settings>iPhone storage>search watch>delete app

on the watch when it shows the prompt to put your watch near your phone, tap the (i) icon and select your language and country.

back on iPhone put the watch near it until you get the pop up to pair, select set up for myself, scan the watch face, an option for ‘update now will appear - but wait about 10 seconds before choosing to update the software.

mine then proceeded to download the update with no issues.

Watch series 6 not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.