You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send email from mail app on iphone

I am unable to send email from the mail app on my iPhone. I use Comcast mail

if I use a browser on my phone to do into www.Comcast.net and sign into my account, I can send email that way but it is a pain

there's something messed up in my settings but I’m not sure what

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 9:30 AM

What is the exact error you are seeing when you try to send mail from the Mail app on the iPhone? Does it say cannot send mail, username and password error, server error or something else?

The easiest way to deal with an error in a mail account is to delete the mail account from the Mail app, power cycle the iPhone off and back on again, then add the account back again. When you add the account, it will go through a verification process and you should see a note if it verifies correctly you will see checkmarks. If it doesn't verify, you should see a reason.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2021 9:30 AM in response to Retiredmama55

What is the exact error you are seeing when you try to send mail from the Mail app on the iPhone? Does it say cannot send mail, username and password error, server error or something else?

The easiest way to deal with an error in a mail account is to delete the mail account from the Mail app, power cycle the iPhone off and back on again, then add the account back again. When you add the account, it will go through a verification process and you should see a note if it verifies correctly you will see checkmarks. If it doesn't verify, you should see a reason.

Dec 31, 2021 10:52 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

It says

cannot send mail

the user name or password is incorrect for “myname.smtp.Comcast.net

Ok. Settings

when I go into settings

Outgoing mail server says

Smtp. smtp.Comcast.net

should it have my name there?

and also if I delete mail, should I delete from this settings screen. There is a red delete option there

before I just held my finger on the mail icon and hit delete

Dec 31, 2021 3:16 PM in response to Retiredmama55

No, you are going to go in and delete the mail account itself. Go to Settings>Mail>Accounts>the tap on your Comcast Account. On that page, you should see a Delete Account button. Go ahead and delete it there. Then power the iPhone off and back on again. Go back to that Settings>Mail>Accounts>Add Account. Select Other. Tap Add Mail Account. Put your name in, then your Comcast email address, your password, that you use to access the account in a browser, and where it says description, how you want it to appear on the iPhone. When you tap on Next in the upper right corner, it should go through verifying. If all the checkmarks come up, then you should be able to finish. If you cannot get mail there, then we can check all of the individual settings for your SMTP server after that.

Unable to send email from mail app on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.