You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I followed instructions but the watch face goes blank and can only be turned on by tapping

I followed instructions to meet watch face on but it will only respond to a tap to bring it to life

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 5:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 5:57 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "meet watch face", but if the Watch will not show a face when you raise your wrist, check in the Watch app on the paired iPhone, go to Settings>Display & Brightness, Wake on Wrist Raise, is that turned on. If yes, then on the Watch, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to display Control Center. Check for an icon that looks like 2 theater masks. That is Theater Mode and it will keep the Watch dark until you tap on the screen. When Theater Mode is off, the icon will be gray with white masks. It will be on if the background is yellow/orange and the masks are white. Tap it again to turn it off.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 29, 2021 5:57 PM in response to Surfe2r

I'm not sure what you mean by "meet watch face", but if the Watch will not show a face when you raise your wrist, check in the Watch app on the paired iPhone, go to Settings>Display & Brightness, Wake on Wrist Raise, is that turned on. If yes, then on the Watch, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to display Control Center. Check for an icon that looks like 2 theater masks. That is Theater Mode and it will keep the Watch dark until you tap on the screen. When Theater Mode is off, the icon will be gray with white masks. It will be on if the background is yellow/orange and the masks are white. Tap it again to turn it off.

I followed instructions but the watch face goes blank and can only be turned on by tapping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.