You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airpods only connecting when charging

I just got my AirPods for Christmas so they are brand new. But they can only connect to devices if they are in the box being charged. If I connect them while charging, then they work, but as soon as they are disconnected I have to put them in the box and charge them to do it again. They are fully charged, so that is not the problem. Also the box light never glows unless it’s charging. I have tried with multiple devices and other AirPods works fine it’s just these. Is there a solution for this, or do I need to get a refund?

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 11:11 AM

1 reply

Dec 27, 2021 9:41 AM in response to nikolaj2277

Hello nikolaj2277,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Upon review of your post, it seems that you are running into an issue connecting your AirPods when not in the charging case. We can see why you’d want this taken care of, so let us help from here! Let’s start by reviewing the following article which may help: If your AirPods won't connect.

Please let us know if you have follow up questions, so we can continue assisting. Take care!

airpods only connecting when charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.