You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Set Up Stuck on Verification

Hi, I am trying to set up a new iPad but can’t get past the Apple ID Verification Code step. After I enter the code, nothing happens. I have restarted the iPad, changed from wifi to data, tried different codes, and nothing works. Any help would be appreciated!

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 2:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 11:30 AM

Hello there leafloff,

I understand you're looking for assistance with setting up your iPad as you're required to enter your verification code for your Apple ID. Let's see how we can help with that.

With signing into your Apple ID with the verification code, are you being prompted to enter this after the password or are you placing the verification code at the end of your password? If you're entering it after being prompted, what appears on your iPad screen? If there is a spinning circle, you'll need to allow this to process as the estimated time could vary depending on your network connection.

To confirm that the same steps are being taken when setting up your iPad, check out the following resource:

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the same steps are being taken to set up your iPad, provide more details on what is shown after signing into your Apple ID with the verification code so we have a better understanding. This will allow the community to provide a more helpful response.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2021 11:30 AM in response to leafloff

Hello there leafloff,

I understand you're looking for assistance with setting up your iPad as you're required to enter your verification code for your Apple ID. Let's see how we can help with that.

With signing into your Apple ID with the verification code, are you being prompted to enter this after the password or are you placing the verification code at the end of your password? If you're entering it after being prompted, what appears on your iPad screen? If there is a spinning circle, you'll need to allow this to process as the estimated time could vary depending on your network connection.

To confirm that the same steps are being taken when setting up your iPad, check out the following resource:

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the same steps are being taken to set up your iPad, provide more details on what is shown after signing into your Apple ID with the verification code so we have a better understanding. This will allow the community to provide a more helpful response.

Have a great day!

iPad Set Up Stuck on Verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.