You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clamshell Mode and Battery

1. Since my workload got increased I thought of using my MacBook Pro with an external monitor using clamshell mode. But I'm kinda worried that when I do my work sometimes MacBook gets quite warm and since in clamshell mode the lid is always closed and can I get my built-in display damaged from the heat of the Macbook.
  2. since clamshell mode requires to be plugged in all time to use it will I get my battery damaged from it? even though I enabled optimised battery performance, My Macbook will charge to 100% every time. so is it okay to use software like "aldente" to control my charging because as I said earlier even though I enabled optimised battery performance, My Macbook will charge to 100% every time.

Looking for an answer from Apple as well

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 2:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 7:09 AM

Using "clamshell" mode will not damage your computer or your battery.

You won't get an answer from Apple here in this user-to-user help community

Similar questions

1 reply

Clamshell Mode and Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.