You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in iCloud

If I delete all my photos off my iPad will I lose them in my iCloud too?

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 8:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 9:08 PM

Burgfam Said:

"Photos in iCloud : If I delete all my photos off my iPad will I lose them in my iCloud too?"

-------

No. These are downloaded to the device itself. So, as long as they are in iCloud, then they will stay in iCloud.

4 replies

Dec 23, 2021 9:35 PM in response to Burgfam

If you use iCloud photos that sync your iPad and iCloud, anything you do in one place will be reflected in all. So, if you delete an image on your iPad, it will also delete from iCloud.

You can turn off iCloud photos, which will never the link (Settings > Photos). If you turn off iCloud, then the photos on your iPad can be deleted and will not affect iCloud.

You can also optimize storage (Settings > Photos) to save space on your device. Originals are kept in iCloud and optimized versions remain on your iPAd.

Photos in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.