You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new phone

I bought a new iphone12. Everything transferred over just fine from my old phone. However, I cant make calls on my new phone. It appears the cell service didnt transfer over. How do I get it to work like a cell phone?

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 5:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 5:50 PM

The cell service won’t directly transfer with the rest of the data.

You can transfer the sim card from the old iPhone to the new one, have your carrier give you a new sim card for the new iPhone or setup service using the embedded digital sim card on the new iPhone.

See here for specifics: link-> Set up cellular service on iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 22, 2021 5:50 PM in response to thorsten243

The cell service won’t directly transfer with the rest of the data.

You can transfer the sim card from the old iPhone to the new one, have your carrier give you a new sim card for the new iPhone or setup service using the embedded digital sim card on the new iPhone.

See here for specifics: link-> Set up cellular service on iPhone - Apple Support

Dec 22, 2021 5:46 PM in response to thorsten243

thorsten243 Said:

"new phone: I bought a new iphone12. Everything transferred over just fine from my old phone. However, I cant make calls on my new phone. It appears the cell service didnt transfer over. How do I get it to work like a cell phone?"

-------

Troubleshoot "No Service":

Is "No Service" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? If so, go here to fix that: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. See where you can go from there.

new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.