You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update

I updated as request my apple tv as you tube required an update . Now, the apple tv doent work, and the universal remote is searching for internet. How do i get it working again? I have unplugged and replugged hmdi and ethetnet and power cord. Tried the apple remote nothing. Help please.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 11

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 5:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 6:38 AM

Apple TV HD, tvOS 11

tvOS 11 is 2017–2018 era, so it seems updates have been skipped for a long time. The recommended version as of today is the current tvOS 15.1.1.

The current version of the YouTube app is indeed listed as requiring tvOS 12.0 or later.

Tried the apple remote nothing.

If the Siri Remote isn’t responding, then it may have lost its pairing. Try pairing again. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

the apple tv doent work

What does that mean? Does it produce any visuals at all? Is the status light glowing?

If your Apple TV doesn't turn on - Apple Support

If the update issue persists, and doesn’t complete successfully, then try restoring through a computer. Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If even that doesn’t work, or if you don’t have what you need to connect, make a reservation at a Genius Bar or contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 11, 2021 6:38 AM in response to Monique1958

Apple TV HD, tvOS 11

tvOS 11 is 2017–2018 era, so it seems updates have been skipped for a long time. The recommended version as of today is the current tvOS 15.1.1.

The current version of the YouTube app is indeed listed as requiring tvOS 12.0 or later.

Tried the apple remote nothing.

If the Siri Remote isn’t responding, then it may have lost its pairing. Try pairing again. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

the apple tv doent work

What does that mean? Does it produce any visuals at all? Is the status light glowing?

If your Apple TV doesn't turn on - Apple Support

If the update issue persists, and doesn’t complete successfully, then try restoring through a computer. Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If even that doesn’t work, or if you don’t have what you need to connect, make a reservation at a Genius Bar or contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.