You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring the multi-app grouping to desktop toolbar (Monterey 12.0.1)

How do I restore the multi-app grouping (as opposed to the individual app icons) to my desktop toolbar (Monterey 12.0.1) after I inadvertently removed it? BTW, what it the silly thing called? The answer must be here somewhere, but I've tried everything I can think of without success. Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 9:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 9:24 AM

bkaynor wrote:

How do I restore the multi-app grouping (as opposed to the individual app icons) to my desktop toolbar (Monterey 12.0.1) after I inadvertently removed it? BTW, what it the silly thing called? The answer must be here somewhere, but I've tried everything I can think of without success. Thanks.

Not sure what a "desktop toolbar" is referring to...

You have the Desktop—stacks Control click on the desktop

Use desktop stacks on Mac - Apple Support

You have the Menubar along the top of the screen—Command key to drag around

Change Dock & Menu Bar preferences on Mac - Apple Support

You have the Dock at the bottom of the screen by default

Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

You have the Launch pad that allows you drag & drop Applications on top of one another to create folders...

Use Launchpad to view and open apps on Mac

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2021 9:24 AM in response to bkaynor

bkaynor wrote:

Not sure what a "desktop toolbar" is referring to...

You have the Desktop—stacks Control click on the desktop

Use desktop stacks on Mac - Apple Support

You have the Menubar along the top of the screen—Command key to drag around

Change Dock & Menu Bar preferences on Mac - Apple Support

You have the Dock at the bottom of the screen by default

Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

You have the Launch pad that allows you drag & drop Applications on top of one another to create folders...

Use Launchpad to view and open apps on Mac

Dec 10, 2021 2:46 PM in response to bkaynor

bkaynor wrote:

Bingo! Yes, thank you. I lost the Launchpad from my Dock and kept trying to pile up apps as in the "Financial" grouping on my iPhone. Problem solved for this terminologically-challenged user. Gold star for you!

Thanks bkaynor but there are no gold stars here in the Apple Support Communities, only Solved and Helpful.

Restoring the multi-app grouping to desktop toolbar (Monterey 12.0.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.