You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi is connected but symbol is a no show

On my 2018 IPad Pro, it shows it is connected to the network in settings, but the WiFi symbol that is usually in the top corner of the screen has disappeared. I have tried rebooting my iPad, forgetting the network, and resetting my network settings, but I have had no success. All of the other devices at my house are connected to the network just fine. The iPad also has this problem on other networks. When I forget the network and try to reconnect, the WiFi symbol comes back, but only for a few seconds. Also, I can use my internet browser, I just can’t watch videos.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 3:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 12:44 PM

Hello Confused_ipad_user,

It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with your Wi-Fi symbol and connections. We will be happy to assist you.

The following thread has an issue similar to yours. Can you take a look and see if it helps?

iPad connected to wifi in settings but no icon

Cheers!

4 replies

Dec 7, 2021 7:25 PM in response to merlinapple

I tried all of the suggestions in the similar thread, other than taking my iPad to be checked, and none of them fixed the problem. I have discovered that the problem is slightly different than I thought. The Wi-Fi symbol has still not returned, but I have found out that other than that, my problem is only in the YouTube app. When I open the YouTube app it loads all of the videos in my feed, but I can’t get any videos to play, they just stay on the black loading screen. I can get YouTube to work in safari, and other streaming apps like Disney+ also work just fine.

WiFi is connected but symbol is a no show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.