You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add 3rd Gmail account to Mail

I use Mail as my main email client. I'm on Monterey on a new M1 Macbook Pro. I currently have one icloud account and two gmail accounts connected. This morning, I'm trying to add a third Gmail account but it's not working. I first get the usual message that says "Google requires completing authentication in your web browser" - I click on Open Browser, but then I just get a spinning screen (see attached image) that just spins forever. I've tried adding the account several different ways including through Mail->Accounts, Mail->Preferences-> Accounts, and System Preferences -> Internet Accounts, and none of them work.

Any thoughts on this?

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 5:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 6:24 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode and try adding the account. The booting takes minutes

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 9, 2021 2:44 AM in response to stpete111

This error is definitely a bug but I found a workaround. I presume you have Chrome browser installed... If so, then:

1) open Chrome browser BEFORE trying to add gmail account and just leave it running

2) switch to apple mail

3) try to add new account

4 )new Chrome window will open (even if your default browser is Safari) and you should be able to enter your login/pass

I hope It will solve your issue. At least it works for me every time (Monterey).

Can't add 3rd Gmail account to Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.