You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to WiFi from iPhone

i am no able to use my WiFi connection on my phone It just stays gray what is going on

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 3:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 4:00 PM

Hey There 🙋🏽‍♂️

Sorry to hear that, iPhone stores settings related to accessing Wi-Fi and cellular networks that help it get online however these settings can sometimes cause problems that interfere with connectivity.

If your other devices don’t have an issue connecting to that WiFi and you’ve already tried force restarting your iPhone: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

I would try resetting the Network Settings as explained earlier.

Please keep in mind that resetting your network setting will also reset everything stored in your network settings including Wi-Fi passwords, Bluetooth connections, VPN settings, and more.

If you’d like to give it a try:

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Go to the bottom of the screen and choose Reset.
  4. Select Reset Network Settings. If you have a passcode on your phone, you'll need to enter it before you can reset.
  5. If a warning pops up asking you to confirm this is what you want to do, tap the option to proceed.

Hope this helps !

Best,

Aryan

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2021 4:00 PM in response to Mystery66

Hey There 🙋🏽‍♂️

Sorry to hear that, iPhone stores settings related to accessing Wi-Fi and cellular networks that help it get online however these settings can sometimes cause problems that interfere with connectivity.

If your other devices don’t have an issue connecting to that WiFi and you’ve already tried force restarting your iPhone: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

I would try resetting the Network Settings as explained earlier.

Please keep in mind that resetting your network setting will also reset everything stored in your network settings including Wi-Fi passwords, Bluetooth connections, VPN settings, and more.

If you’d like to give it a try:

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Go to the bottom of the screen and choose Reset.
  4. Select Reset Network Settings. If you have a passcode on your phone, you'll need to enter it before you can reset.
  5. If a warning pops up asking you to confirm this is what you want to do, tap the option to proceed.

Hope this helps !

Best,

Aryan

Cannot connect to WiFi from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.