You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi not turning on

the wifi will not turn on on my iPhone 8 Plus. It does not even give me the option to turn it on to try and connect and when I click the on button nothing happens. I have tried to reset my network settings and turn my phone on and off and that has not worked. I really do not want to reset my entire device as my phone hasn’t been backed up due to it not being able to connect to wifi. If this is the only other option, I will try it but I’m hoping there may be sometimes else first.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 2:09 PM

Thanks for this! Unfortunately, this is not really the issue. To explain a bit further, it is not that the phone will not connect to a network, it is that the wifi on the phone will not turn on at all. You typically can turn the wifi on and off on your device, but my phone does not give me the ability to turn the wifi on at all.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2021 2:09 PM in response to brbo

Thanks for this! Unfortunately, this is not really the issue. To explain a bit further, it is not that the phone will not connect to a network, it is that the wifi on the phone will not turn on at all. You typically can turn the wifi on and off on your device, but my phone does not give me the ability to turn the wifi on at all.

Nov 28, 2021 7:27 PM in response to katryn129

Thank you for explaining the issue you are having.

Wondering which iOS you have installed on your iPhone 8 Plus.

(Perhaps it is time for an update ?)

Apple Support's article "Connect iPhone to the internet"

Says, for iOS 15

Connect iPhone to a Wi-Fi network

1. Go to Settings  > Wi-Fi, then turn on Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap one of the following:
    • A network: Enter the password, if required.
    • Other: Joins a hidden network. Enter the name of the hidden network, security type, and password.

If  appears at the top of the screen, iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network. (To verify this, open Safari to view a webpage.) iPhone reconnects when you return to the same location..

Complete article:

(NB: Choose your iOS at the top)

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iphd1cf4268/ios

Is this the method you have been trying, when you do not find the wi-fi option ?

Regards :-)

Wifi not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.