You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 using a lot of mobile data

Hi Everyone - this is specifically aimed at users who have upgraded from an older iPhone to a 13.

I did - 11 days ago - and I am struck by how much extra data this phone seems to use. I am not aware that my habits or settings are different to what they were whilst using my previous iPhone (Xr), so I am puzzled by how this can be happening. In my country, data is very expensive and has to be topped up manually, so it is a real pain to run out all the time. I'd be grateful to learn of any tips or any similar experiences from other users.

Many thanks

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 5:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 6:07 AM

On the iPhone, go to Settings>Cellular (or Mobile Data depending on how your country defines it) and scroll down and you can look at the apps and services using the highest amount of cellular data and troubleshoot from there. If there are a number of things using cellular you do not want using it, you can turn off access to it there. You can also reset the statistics at the bottom of the page and let it go for 24 hours and make a comparison.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 25, 2021 6:07 AM in response to Doctor Zhivago

On the iPhone, go to Settings>Cellular (or Mobile Data depending on how your country defines it) and scroll down and you can look at the apps and services using the highest amount of cellular data and troubleshoot from there. If there are a number of things using cellular you do not want using it, you can turn off access to it there. You can also reset the statistics at the bottom of the page and let it go for 24 hours and make a comparison.

Nov 25, 2021 7:42 AM in response to Doctor Zhivago

When you upgrade phones, a lot of things need to be indexed on the new device if you restored a backup from the old device. If you have it set to use cellular data, that can be used if you are not connected to wi-fi. Go ahead and do what Apple Support recommended and see what happens. Also check all of your settings for using cellular data and make sure they are what they were on the old phone.

iPhone 13 using a lot of mobile data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.