You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro will not start up

I wiped it according to directions, however it will not start up only as folder with a question mark or a globe which gives a apple support #

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 3:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 3:37 PM

Fixing This:

The Question Mark will stay there eternally, until it is fixed.

"my macbook pro will not start up: I wiped it according to directions, however it will not start up only as folder with a question mark or a globe which gives a apple support #"

-------

Two Things...

I. Go here: If your Mac Starts Up to a Question Mark - Apple Support

II. Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [Command + R] upon boot). Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seen. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2021 3:37 PM in response to jwirkkala

Fixing This:

The Question Mark will stay there eternally, until it is fixed.

"my macbook pro will not start up: I wiped it according to directions, however it will not start up only as folder with a question mark or a globe which gives a apple support #"

-------

Two Things...

I. Go here: If your Mac Starts Up to a Question Mark - Apple Support

II. Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [Command + R] upon boot). Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seen. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

my macbook pro will not start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.