You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my iCloud email without losing my pictures?

Can i change my icloud email without losing my pictures.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 8:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 8:19 PM

See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

2 replies

Nov 20, 2021 8:24 PM in response to 317michael

Hey There 🙋🏽‍♂️

Moving your iCloud data from one Apple ID to another is achieved more easily on a computer than it is on an iOS device, indeed certain aspects of the move can only be done on a computer. However, whichever device you choose to move your data on, you should do so by turning individual iCloud services off one at a time and not sign out of the account until all services have been turned off and dealt with. (Settings > iCloud on a mobile device and system preferences > iCloud on a Mac)

If you have purchased extra space for iCloud under your previous Apple ID, this won’t be transferred when you change the Apple ID you use and you will need to re-purchase the required space under the new Apple ID.

iCloud Drive. Save data from your iCloud Drive to a computer before turning off this service. You can use the Finder on a Mac or through iCloud.com if you use a PC. Simply move the data to your new Apple ID once it is set up.

Photos. Make sure you download and keep originals when prompted when you turn iCloud photo library off, you want the photos to remain on your device and merge with your new library when you set up your new Apple ID.

If you use photo stream be aware that there may be more photos on your device than there are in the cloud, photo stream in the cloud only keeps up to 1,000 photos for 30 days, if you have older photos or more than 1,000 on your device you may want to copy them to a computer before turning photo stream off.

If you have created any shared albums you will need to create them again once you have set up your new ID, any photos that anyone else as added to your shared albums should be imported to your camera roll/library before you turn off shared albums.

Then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, and select Keep on My iPhone when prompted. Then sign into the new iCloud account, turn on your data syncing and choose Merge when prompted to upload your data to the new account.

I hope this helps,

Best,

Aryan

Can I change my iCloud email without losing my pictures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.