You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods 3, right side dying fast.

Just bought my AirPod 3s a week ago, they haven’t been used very much and the right side is nearly dead the left side is almost 100%, the case is also nearly dead, I’m also using both at the same time for the same amount of time and no alternation. I had this issue with my second Gen AirPods… any advice?

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 1:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 6:01 AM

If the charging case is almost dead it sounds like you need to connect and recharge the case.

If your AirPods won’t charge - Apple Support

Re-test after making sure you start from a full charged condition, and if results from your new AirPods remain unsatisfactory, contact Apple Support and arrange to get the equipment examined and replaced if defective.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 15, 2021 6:01 AM in response to The_nail_chick

If the charging case is almost dead it sounds like you need to connect and recharge the case.

If your AirPods won’t charge - Apple Support

Re-test after making sure you start from a full charged condition, and if results from your new AirPods remain unsatisfactory, contact Apple Support and arrange to get the equipment examined and replaced if defective.

Nov 15, 2021 10:07 AM in response to The_nail_chick

I have offered advice, it is now your decision whether to accept the advice. However you decide, I have three further comments:

(1) Deep discharging batteries to the point where they are unable to support their equipment has an adverse effect on long term life.

(2) I can predict with reasonable certainty that if you take the problem to Apple Support their first requirement will be to charge everything and test.

(3) If you already decided to deep discharge your batteries and do your own thing, why are you wasting my time trying to help you??????????

AirPods 3, right side dying fast.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.