You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking unwanted (spam) text messages

I know how to block unwanted phone calls on my Apple SE iPhone—by pressing the Info button and choosing the "Block this Caller" option. However, when I get a spam text message from some unknown advertiser, no info button appears. It seems all that I can do is to delete the message, but this will not block the advertiser from texting me again. Is there a way to block such unwanted messages on the iPhone SE?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 10:32 AM

4 replies

Nov 10, 2021 11:28 AM in response to Michael Black

Mr. Black:

When I tap on the message, the next screen opens the message which also includes a URL link at the bottom, which I do not click. There is no "Send ID in bold" at the top, only the text message. At the bottom of the screen there is the text message box in which I would place a message should I desire to reply. There is absolutely no info button icon for information (+options) anywhere on the screen. I still cannot block this message sender.

Blocking unwanted (spam) text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.