You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hey APPLE COMMUNITY i just upgraded to the new MACos Monterey and now i want to go back to Big Sur because FL STUDIO doesn't work properly on my mini mac . any advice can i downgrade with a big sur usb installers and how do i do that ?

how to downgrade from Monterey to Big Sur ?

Mac mini, macOS 11.5

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 10:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 4:26 AM

The basic outline of the process:

1. Create bootable installer of the desired OS
  2. Erase the internal drive and re-install the desired OS
  3. Restore data and apps from a Time Machine backup or clone.

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support

5 replies

Nov 13, 2021 11:13 PM in response to jl117cesar117

I have exactly the same problem. I read the article: "How to create a bootable installer for macOS" it says "These advanced steps are primarily for system administrators and others who are familiar with the command line." I don't think I can handle it. I hope Apple'll do something for us, I can't handle "Terminal". Please show us easier way to downgrade to Big Sur if you can't do anything on Monterey.

hey APPLE COMMUNITY i just upgraded to the new MACos Monterey and now i want to go back to Big Sur because FL STUDIO doesn't work properly on my mini mac . any advice can i downgrade with a big sur usb installers and how do i do that ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.