You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing contacts between two iCloud accounts

Hey all,

My wife and I have setup our iCloud accounts so that we can share one contacts list. We have done this by disabling "contacts" under the iCloud sync settings on my wife's devices and then under contacts adding my iCloud account to her phone (setting on iPhone and app on Mac). Please find screenshot from my wife's phone below. This works a treat except for one problem, every time she updates the account photo for her iCloud account it changes mine too. This is so weird, why would the contact list have anything to do with the iCloud account photo?

A great fix for this would be for Apple to introduce Family Sharing for contacts as they do for for calendars, but until then does anyone have any ideas to fix this?

Cheers,

Haniel

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 9:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:23 PM

Haniel Moore Said:

"Sharing contacts between two iCloud accounts: Hey all, My wife and I have setup our iCloud accounts so that we can share one contacts list.[...] A great fix for this would be for Apple to introduce Family Sharing for contacts as they do for for calendars, but until then does anyone have any ideas to fix this?"

-------

Recommend to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on that you want this to be an option, and how it can help others
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2021 10:23 PM in response to Haniel Moore

Haniel Moore Said:

"Sharing contacts between two iCloud accounts: Hey all, My wife and I have setup our iCloud accounts so that we can share one contacts list.[...] A great fix for this would be for Apple to introduce Family Sharing for contacts as they do for for calendars, but until then does anyone have any ideas to fix this?"

-------

Recommend to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on that you want this to be an option, and how it can help others
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Sharing contacts between two iCloud accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.