You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2013 Macbook Pro doesn't have a USB-C port

I just purchased a Magic Keyboard with touch ID. It calls for a USB-C port to charge it and set it up. I have no USB-C ports on my old Mac. Is there a USB adapter that will work or do I need to send it back?

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 6:26 PM

1 reply

Nov 1, 2021 7:30 PM in response to jharden50221

The keyboard itself requires a Lightning connector to charge it up. You could set aside the cable they shipped and buy a "regular" USB to Lightning cable to use with it. The Apple online store sells 0.5m, 1m, and 2m sizes.

But there is a bigger issue -- that keyboard appears to be for use with Apple Silicon Macs [only].

There are two models, without touch-id, with and without numeric keypad, that are intended for your Mac, and the same USB to Lightning cable would charge those as well.

2013 Macbook Pro doesn't have a USB-C port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.