You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV does not display the full screen.

I use Zwift on Apple TV and there are times that I mirror stuff from my iPhone or my laptop. In all cases, the full image of the application or the mirrored content is not displayed. There is a bit on the top and bottom that is cut off. I've tried all the settings I can think of but nothing has changed the situation.

How can I remedy this?

Thanks

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 9:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 9:41 AM

There is a setting how AirPlay should be handled for non-matching aspect ratios.

Settings﹥AirPlay and HomeKit﹥AirPlay Display Underscan﹥On|Off|Auto

“On” uses black bars to fill if needed (Underscan). “Off” crops to match if needed (Overscan). I have no idea how ‘Auto’ works, or how it can be any good, as it depends on content.

About overscan and underscan on your Mac, Apple TV, or other display - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2021 9:41 AM in response to Plicla

There is a setting how AirPlay should be handled for non-matching aspect ratios.

Settings﹥AirPlay and HomeKit﹥AirPlay Display Underscan﹥On|Off|Auto

“On” uses black bars to fill if needed (Underscan). “Off” crops to match if needed (Overscan). I have no idea how ‘Auto’ works, or how it can be any good, as it depends on content.

About overscan and underscan on your Mac, Apple TV, or other display - Apple Support

Apple TV does not display the full screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.