You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Related Article: About AirPrint

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW TO connect my iOS 11.6 MacBook Air with HP Laserjet P1106 PRINTER

For a few months I have been facing hurdle to find my printer on iOS 11.6 MacBook Air. It is not getting command and I have tried several methods but could not short out the problem. I found some answer that my MacBook Air is not compatible with HP LASERJET P1106 printer. Can anybody help me?

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 5:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 10:06 AM

Hi,

You may want to begin by resetting the printing system (see link below) and (re-)adding the printer. Check whether the operating system suggests a suitable driver.

If necessary, you could perhaps try something like the HP LaserJet Professional P1100 (version 6.9) driver mentioned in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. It may or may not work with your printer and computer. The package download (Post Date: Dec 11, 2020) HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS can be found at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US . Make sure that you have backup copies of important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before carrying out any tests.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 19, 2021 10:06 AM in response to dhyanfromkangra

Hi,

You may want to begin by resetting the printing system (see link below) and (re-)adding the printer. Check whether the operating system suggests a suitable driver.

If necessary, you could perhaps try something like the HP LaserJet Professional P1100 (version 6.9) driver mentioned in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. It may or may not work with your printer and computer. The package download (Post Date: Dec 11, 2020) HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS can be found at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US . Make sure that you have backup copies of important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before carrying out any tests.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

HOW TO connect my iOS 11.6 MacBook Air with HP Laserjet P1106 PRINTER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.