You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Returning broken phone with possible photos & data still inside.

I'm returning my cracked, black-screen iphone XR after receiving my replacement. I can still hear notifcations and sounds from my broken phone tho.

I have NOT done an icloud back up for my photo gallery nor for apps from my broken phone. I was able to get some back but the rest did not transfer to my new phone (including my contacts).

Does that mean others can still access to my data (photos/personal info) in my broken phone? Is there another way I could erase them before I return it to my phone provider?

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 6:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 10:46 AM

basicphone101 wrote:

I'm returning my cracked, black-screen iphone XR after receiving my replacement. I can still hear notifcations and sounds from my broken phone tho.

I have NOT done an icloud back up for my photo gallery nor for apps from my broken phone. I was able to get some back but the rest did not transfer to my new phone (including my contacts).

Does that mean others can still access to my data (photos/personal info) in my broken phone? Is there another way I could erase them before I return it to my phone provider?

Step #5 If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 19, 2021 10:46 AM in response to basicphone101

basicphone101 wrote:

Step #5 If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Returning broken phone with possible photos & data still inside.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.