You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do i need to have an apple watch to count my steps?

How do I use my phone to count my steps? My apple watch screen just broke. when I bought it they said the crystal glass will never break I paid like 750.00 for that watch it is first gen stainless steel. I don't know if you will replace it but I can not afford to buy another one. :( so here is the thing my health app use to get all the data from my watch but now since I don't have the watch can everything be recorded straight form the phone?

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 8:43 AM

This is a user-to-user support forum. No one here 1) ever told you that the watch crystal was unbreakable (Apple didn't tell you that, either ) or 2) has anything to do with replacing your watch.

Yes, your phone will track your movements even without a watch. You should take a look at apps like StepsApp. It displays the data quite nicely and syncs with Health.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2021 8:43 AM in response to mkbrook2003

This is a user-to-user support forum. No one here 1) ever told you that the watch crystal was unbreakable (Apple didn't tell you that, either ) or 2) has anything to do with replacing your watch.

Yes, your phone will track your movements even without a watch. You should take a look at apps like StepsApp. It displays the data quite nicely and syncs with Health.

Do i need to have an apple watch to count my steps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.