You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Music App not working

Hi Everyone!

The Remote App that I normally use to control Music on my Mac is no longer showing ALL the music that I have downloaded to my mac. It will show some, just not all.

I've done the following:

• uninstalled and reinstalled the Remote App on my iPhone 12 Pro Max (still on iOS 14.8, haven't moved to 15 yet)
  • Downloaded ALL music to my Mac.
  • Connected via 4 digit code.
  • Connected via Home Sharing.
  • Firewall is off.

Any ideas on what else I can do?

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 7:39 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2021 1:52 PM in response to Lnknprk219

Hello Lnknprk219,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that the iTunes Remote app on your iPhone is not working as expected to control music on your Mac. We'd like to help.

It seems like you've tried all of the suggestions in Set up the iTunes Remote app for Music on Mac by redownloading the app, pairing again, and trying to connect with your Home Sharing network. We would suggest updating iOS as a next step. Make sure to back up and then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you continue to have trouble with this, contact Apple Support: Get Support.

Have a nice day.

Remote Music App not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.