You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod pro inquiry

I bought an AirPod pro last week and I noticed 3 different serial numbers.. the case and the air pod has different serial numbers which is also different from the serial number displayed from the general settings when AirPod is connected.. The serial numbers shown on both case and AirPod shows up when scanned but the serial number shown on the general settings info when connected doesn’t seem authentic and doesn’t show up when scanned.. please is this acceptable by apple?

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 6:27 PM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2021 12:56 PM in response to Jeff_W.

I was researching this same issue and found this thread.

My AirPod Pros and case have a matching serial number physically printed on them, but the serial number in both General Settings and Bluetooth settings (tapping on the little "i" as you stated) show a different serial number than what is on the AirPods and case. And to clarify, the serial number matches in General Settings and Bluetooth settings.

These were gifted to me, so I don't know where they were purchased originally. I reviewed an article on how to spot fakes but it was hard to arrive at a conclusion based solely on their photos and tips.

Thoughts?

Oct 5, 2021 2:41 PM in response to divine165

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities divine165,

Thank you for contacting us. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you. We understand you are inquiring about the AirPod Pro's serial number. The article below better explains the information in regards to the serial numbers for your AirPod Pro's.

Find the serial number of your AirPods

"AirPods Pro, each AirPod also has its own serial number, printed on the AirPod itself. If you need to send in your AirPods or charging case for service, refer to the primary serial number, printed on the case lid. You don't need the serial numbers on the AirPods."

If you need further assistance after following the link above, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

Oct 5, 2021 3:43 PM in response to divine165

divine165,

Where are you checking under general settings? The Serial number is under the lid of the case, and on the phone, Settings, Bluetooth, tap on the little "i" also displays the serial number. If the serial number on the AirPod case is different then when you tap on the little 'i', then it could be an issue. Where did you purchase your AirPods from?

Thanks.

AirPod pro inquiry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.