You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Finder show "Software: Loading..." when I connect my iPhone 11 Pro to iMac?

This morning I updated my iMac to Catalina 10.15.7 and my iPhone to iOS 15.0.1. Now, when I connect my iPhone to the iMac, it only shows the above message. Will this resolve itself with time, or do I have a problem? I definitely can't sync anything so I'm kind of dead in the water. Help.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 10:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 11:08 AM

Hey, thanks. I powered both off and then restarted them. I did not see a Helper Download, but everything is working properly now. I thought I powered both off and back on after the updates, but maybe I failed to do that to the iMac. Anyway, all's well now. Thanks.

3 replies

Why does Finder show "Software: Loading..." when I connect my iPhone 11 Pro to iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.