You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes stops playing and won't restart until I click on another song

Just in the last couple of weeks, my iTunes has begun to stop playing songs and won't resume until I go to the app and click on a different song. It says it's playing, and the little bar below the song name is going back and forth (NOT counting down), but it won't play. When I do choose another song, it does the same thing two or three songs later. Since I'm usually either gaming or writing, it's an annoying distraction to have to flip over to iTunes just to click on the next song.

I have a new Mac Mini but it was also doing this on the previous MacBook Pro I migrated from.

I can't find the answer to my exact problem on the forums, most of the others regarding iTunes stopping were different issues than what I'm having and the solutions didn't apply.

Thanks in advance!

Mac mini, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 1:15 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

iTunes stops playing and won't restart until I click on another song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.