You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I not receiving all my text messages and wen o text certain people it will not go through ?

Why am I not receiving certain text messages from groups or people and my text messages and unable to deliver to certain people?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 4:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 4:27 AM

Try the following on your iPhone directly. . .

1) Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On that screen, if it says, "Use Your Apple ID for iMessage", tap on that and Sign-in with your Apple ID credentials.

2) Also make sure you have the following ENABLED and turned ON at: Settings > Messages.

• MMS Messaging = ON
  • Send as SMS = ON

3) Ensure that your iPhone is up to date by going to: Settings > General > Software Update.

Let me know if that resolved the issue for you or not.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2021 4:27 AM in response to rosange01

Try the following on your iPhone directly. . .

1) Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On that screen, if it says, "Use Your Apple ID for iMessage", tap on that and Sign-in with your Apple ID credentials.

2) Also make sure you have the following ENABLED and turned ON at: Settings > Messages.

• MMS Messaging = ON
  • Send as SMS = ON

3) Ensure that your iPhone is up to date by going to: Settings > General > Software Update.

Let me know if that resolved the issue for you or not.

Nov 30, 2021 6:23 PM in response to LGator2019

I am having this issue as well. My daughter has an iphone recently set up on our plan. I cannot get my messages or call to go through. They are blue then turn green, and when I call it goes straight to vm. Her dad has an andriod and and has no issue reaching her. I have checked the phone number multiple times, its correct. I’ve looked around on My phone for all sorts of things, and I cant seem to find a solution. Am I missing something here. What is the issue?!

Dec 1, 2021 8:19 AM in response to Kielikei

My issue began after an IOS update a couple of months ago. I could text a couple of contacts with no problem but for most I could only text back after they texted me first. I think I finally found the issue-apparently it was not picking up the cel number for the intended recipient. When I begin a text I enter the recipient’s name, click on it twice and it will bring up the related phone numbers and I click on the cel number-it appears to send as expected-so far anyway. Hope this helps.

Why am I not receiving all my text messages and wen o text certain people it will not go through ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.