You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook 365 says 'Wrong Password' when trying to sync with iCloud for Windows 12.5

I'm setting up a new Windows 10 PC that has Office 365 installed. After installing the latest iCloud for Windows (12.5), it gave me error when I'm trying to check on the mail, contacts and calendar sync feature. I found online a workaround to install the old Win7/8 version of iCloud for Windows and was able to get iCloud for Windows and Outlook synced after that (calendar & contacts synced succesfully, but emails did not).

To try to fix the email syncing, I updated iCloud for Windows back up to v12.5. However, after updating, Outlook now says Wrong Password when trying to sync with iCloud for Windows. I also noticed whenever I open the iCloud for Windows settings dialog box, it will always prompt me to re-enter my password, and will always initiate the 2-factor authentication.

It looks like the authentication between Outlook and iCloud for Windows is broken, and iCloud for Windows and the iCloud server is also broken. Can I get some assistance in trying to resolve these issues?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 4:04 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 29, 2021 11:55 AM in response to nelsonfrommarkham

Hi nelsonfrommarkham,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with iCloud for Windows and Office 365. It sounds like you are being told you have the wrong password when you attempt to sync.

Have a look here: Set up and use iCloud for Windows. Try completely uninstalling iCloud for Windows and then re-installing.

"If you want to uninstall iCloud for Windows, remember to make a copy of your iCloud data and save it on your PC. Then sign out of iCloud for Windows on your PC and follow these steps:

Windows 8 or later:

1. Go to the Start screen, right-click in the bottom left-hand corner or click, then select Control Panel.
  2. Click Uninstall a Program.
  3. Click iCloud > Uninstall.
  4. When asked to confirm, select Yes."

Let us know how it goes.

Have a fantastic day!

Outlook 365 says 'Wrong Password' when trying to sync with iCloud for Windows 12.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.