You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch health data when iPhone is not present

If I wear my Apple Watch to track workouts, sleep, etc. but it isn't within range of my iPhone for several days, will all the data be tracked and stored, and sync with my iPhone when it is eventually in range again? Is there an amount of time beyond which it will start dropping older health data and/or stop collecting new data? Also, is there any health data that can't be collected when the iPhone isn't present?

(Background: I am on vacation and unfortunately damaged my iPhone. There are no Apple stores or authorized repair stores anywhere near here, so I am considering mailing the phone to a repair shop. It could be gone for two weeks, potentially. During that time, I would like to keep using my watch as usual and not lose any of the data it would normally capture.)

Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 2:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 1:37 AM

I have been on holiday for 2 weeks before without my phone and my watch recorded everything and uploaded it to the phone once they were back in bluetooth range.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2021 1:37 AM in response to gtrichar

I have been on holiday for 2 weeks before without my phone and my watch recorded everything and uploaded it to the phone once they were back in bluetooth range.

Apple Watch health data when iPhone is not present

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.