You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacts catalina cursor jumps to top of notes area

after a couple of seconds my cursor will jump away from where i am typing and goes right up to the top of my notes ... How can I stop it from doing this? it drives me crazy

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 11:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 2:02 AM

my friend on the group says that I should press {edit} button to edit "notes" (and of course I have to press it again once I have finished.... SO THAT WORKS!!!! thank you ! Apple used to let us edit "notes" before without having to do this .... but NOT ANY MORE UNTIL perhaps THEY CREATE A FIX ... thanks again

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2021 2:02 AM in response to ralf-rolf

my friend on the group says that I should press {edit} button to edit "notes" (and of course I have to press it again once I have finished.... SO THAT WORKS!!!! thank you ! Apple used to let us edit "notes" before without having to do this .... but NOT ANY MORE UNTIL perhaps THEY CREATE A FIX ... thanks again

Sep 22, 2021 12:38 AM in response to ralf-rolf

When you are editing text in the Notes portion of Address Book, do not type directly onto the surface text. First go down to the lower left part of the page and click on the 'Edit' button. Now you can edit your text and the cursor doesn't seem to jump around anymore.

contacts catalina cursor jumps to top of notes area

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.