You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid: "IMG_******.JPG" couldn't be copied because you don't have permission to access "folder name on desktop"

I downloaded some photos from my iPhone to a folder I created on the desktop using iMazing. (Trying to use the Finder to sync it said I did not have enough space on my hard drive which is crazy as I have more open space than the not so I used iMazing to import the photos and videos to the folder on my desktop).

Now I am trying to import them into the Photos app. Some of the photos and videos imported fine however many have this error and will not import.

Invalid: "IMG_******.JPG" couldn't be copied because you don't have permission to access "folder name on desktop"

I have the permissions in the folder set Me, Staff, Everyone to Read and Write and I have clicked on Apply to All Enclosed Items and I have restarted and I have repaired permissions and restarted.

The photos are all JPG and the videos are all MOV files.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to get these files into the Photos app?

I cannot import one by one or batch. The permissions are the same for each file and the folder. Some of the files imported just fine! Why is this and how do I fix it? Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

OS version is 10.15.7

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 4:20 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Sep 16, 2021 4:29 PM in response to Bobaloo

Boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Sep 17, 2021 3:59 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi OldToad

I cannot boot into safe mode. I have turned File Vault encryption off, I have removed everything from auto Log In and I still cannot get it to boot into Safe Mode.

I search these discussions and I cannot find any help and searching online reveals very little about this problem.

Any ideas where I can turn for help?

I have tried holding the Shift Key, Before, during and after the start up sound.

I tried to boot up holding the option key but a Lock icon showed up and would not let me passed that screen.

Sep 17, 2021 4:08 PM in response to Bobaloo

Do you have AppleCare for the laptop and is it still in effect? If so make an appointment at the nearest Apple Genius Bar for a free diagnostic check. Be sure to make a full backup of the hard drive before taking it in. They may want to erase the hard drive, install a pristine system to verify that it's not software related.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.