You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scan from Canon Pixma 3520 won't scan after Mac OS Big Sur update

I just updated my Mac OS to Big Sur 11.5.2. Now my scanner won't work on my Canon printer.

My Canon Pixma 3520 won't scan, but the printer still works. I am connected by USB cable. I get an error message "You do not have permission to open the application “Canon IJScanner13f”.

I have tried Image Capture (as in the past, no problem). So I tried Canon IJ Scan Utility. I downloaded all the current drivers from Canon. But I still get the error message that I don't have Permissions. I tried changing permissions on the Get Info box so it says Read and Write.

I deleted and then added the printer in System Preferences.

Help, please!

iMac 27″, 10.11

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 1:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 16, 2021 8:05 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

yes, he simply repeated what I already said. The error message says that I don’t have permission. I tried to unlock it but it doesn’t work.

I tried to contact canon could not get through. I tried Apple 2 times. Did not work. I might try again.

My canon had worked as a scanner since the day I bought it using image capture that is UNTIL I updated my OS a few weeks ago

Scan from Canon Pixma 3520 won't scan after Mac OS Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.