You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset Old iPad

I can't reset my old ipad with my new apple ID. How can I do this?

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 3:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 3:23 AM

If you intend to fully reset an iPad for use with a different AppleID, the easiest and most reliable method of making this transition is to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The tags appended to your post suggest that you have an iPad2. Be aware that the reset will remove all but the Apps pre-installed with the Operating System. The majority of 32-bit Apps, compatible with an iPad2, have been withdrawn from the App Store by App developers; as such, you may have difficulty replacing Apps - which in turn may impact the usefulness of a very old model of iPad. iPad2, along with many much newer models, is obsolete.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 2, 2021 3:23 AM in response to Muntu_M

If you intend to fully reset an iPad for use with a different AppleID, the easiest and most reliable method of making this transition is to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The tags appended to your post suggest that you have an iPad2. Be aware that the reset will remove all but the Apps pre-installed with the Operating System. The majority of 32-bit Apps, compatible with an iPad2, have been withdrawn from the App Store by App developers; as such, you may have difficulty replacing Apps - which in turn may impact the usefulness of a very old model of iPad. iPad2, along with many much newer models, is obsolete.

Reset Old iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.